Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:27:37 -0500
Sherill Roberts <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

N>Regarding Annamaureen's post that the combination of parent and child
N>with celiac must be "a nightmare":
N>My 9 year old daughter and I both have celiac disease. I don't find it a
N>big problem. In fact, dealing with my celiac is easier now that I have
N>company in the family. I only cook gluten free meals at our house. There
N>is an endless list of good GF food to make, including such things as
N>cakes and cookies and brownies. Everyone in our family likes them. When
N>my husband and other daughter want to eat foods with gluten in them, they
N>buy it or prepare it themselves. We are all contented with this system.
N>Sherill Roberts N>.7.1.1) with ESMTP id FAA24743 for

Sherill:
I think my remark was aimed at the subject of Autistic Children with
Celiac Disease. There has been a lot of discussion of "connection". I
just wondered how many of the parents of these children, also had the
"connection" of being Celiac.  I imagine it would be difficult to get
7-8 hrs. sleep and an afternoon nap with an autistic child. I was not
aiming any type of condemnation. I have Celiac Disease and Dermatitis
Herpetiformis. I wonder about "connectivity". So far, the only
hereditary trait that I get credited with  passing along is(are) "big
feet". Beauty and brains are credited to other sides of the family. i
have a big question about a couple of my grandchildren and the
possibility of their being Celiac. I'm sure you and you daughter do
well.AMS