From:
"Michael W. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 09:58:36 -0500

Lisa is talking about the DIGEST option of receiving mail.  Default is
individual mail unless you change it to DIGEST or INDEX.

To change to DIGEST, send to: [log in to unmask]

SET CELIAC DIGEST

Then at 00:00 the daily digest will be mailed to you.  Remember that if you
receive DIGEST, that EXTRA work is required on your part to reply to an
individual message. You must create a NEW message with the subject heading,
(prefixed with RE:) from the message that you are replying to and then send
this NEW message to Celiac. This is required for two reasons.

1.  It prevents a retransmittal of the entire digest back to everyone on the
List as part of your reply.  Curently over 900.

2.  It gives a descriptive heading for everyone to use in scanning a message.

Complete details are in the Welcome message.  To obtain a copy, send this
command:  GET CELIAC WELCOME

This is a good time to request feedback to my ID ([log in to unmask]) on a
proposed modification to digest.  As the List continue to grow, the daily
digest will grow in size and some users may experience file size problems that
are affecting AOL subscribers (They now have a good procedure in place and it
does not impact their daily reading of the digest).

Instead of only having the digest sent at 00:00, it can be set to be
transmitted at 00:00 or when some set file size is met.  Current digest
subscribers understand that Tuesday's file was very large.  Using Tuesday as an
example would have meant that instead of a single file, you would have received
two files (one sometime during Monday and the final one on Tuesday morning at
00:00).

Remember if in reading this message, you saw the disclaimer notice do not reply
but create a new message and send any comments directly to my ID and I will
summarize any comments back to the List.

Regards,

Michael W. Jones ([log in to unmask])
One of the Celiac LISTSERV Owners ([log in to unmask])