Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 06:46:44 -0700
From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>

I have developed this recipe to provide my son (and myself) with a
cereal that doesn't go mushy as soon as you pour the milk on.  It is
also a great dry snack.

Baked Puffed Corn
-----------------

1 cup margarine                         1 tsp. salt
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar        1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup corn syrup                      1 tsp. vanilla (if GF available)

2 bags Arrowhead Mills puffed corn (from Texas and available in my
SAFEWAY)

Heat oven to 250F and put puffed corn in a large roaster in the oven
while you make the syrup.

Melt butter, stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.  Bring to a
boil, stirring constantly.  Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla.  Gradually pour over
puffed corn, mixing well.

Bake in oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Remove from oven,
and stir while cooling to keep cereal from clumping together.  Makes
nearly 2 ice cream pails of cereal.

--- Karen