From:
Jules Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 12:10:25 PST

Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>.... brown rice elbows called "100% Rice
>Elbows" made by the Food for Life Baking Co., Inc.  I just called
>them up (they have an 800 number on the package) and learned that
>they make GF muffins along with their tasty Rice and Rice/Almond
>breads (the only products of theirs that I've ever actually tried).
>I plan to request the muffins from my local health food store,
>and I look forward to trying this pasta.

I tried the muffins purchased from my local health food store several weeks
ago.  It says gluten-free on the package.  However, they also sell other
muffins that are not gluten-free, i.e., bran, etc.  Anyway, I definitely had
a bad reaction to those muffins, not really severe, but I knew I'd eaten
something I shouldn't have.  After eating the second I gave the rest to my
wife.  I thought that perhaps they had mislabelled the package and it was
one of their other muffins.  That was before I learned about "contamination"
from this bulletin.  Anyway, this is just one person's experience.  I
believe I have used their rice pasta with no bad effects, by the way.

J. F. Levin, Lit/Lang, UCR.  [log in to unmask]
      Phone:  909 787 5007,  Fax:  909 787 2160
      "I hate quotations." --Ralph Waldo Emerson