From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:17:17 -0800

Dear Mal,

It's about 5 am and I couldn't sleep so I'm checking out the email.  I
found your question about a "weak positive" interesting.  I was
diagnosed with cd this past March.  My mother has had diarrhea for
about the past two years when she had her gall bladder out.  From
information I've read gall bladder surgery is one of the things that
can trigger cd.  Her doctor, after finally performing blood tests, told
her they were positive and she may have a "mild" case.  Excuse me, but
two years of diarrhea?  Like you say, on important matters like this,
why ask your doctor?  She has a biopsy scheduled, I believe.

You mention continuing problems while on a gf diet.  I have had this
experience too.  Are you IgA deficient?  You can have bacterial
overgrowth in your bowels.

I'm no expert, but I would definitely get a second opinion.  I've found
most GIs in the USA are not very educated when it comes to celiac
disease.  My second opinion was Dr. Joseph Murray in Iowa City.

Maybe you could talk to someone else in your area who have been
diagnosed cd (if you know of any) and find out what doctor they went
to.

Good luck.

Lisa in Iowa