Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 21:28:14 -0400

Hi folks,
I have had a number of inquiries about donut maker recipes I've received
since I posted my request for recipes.  I originally had a recipe posted by
Chris in Cleveland and, to date, I've received one other recipe.  This one,
apparently, was posted earlier by Leslie in NYC.  I've made both recipes and
they are delicious!  Here's both recipes:

>From Chris:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon milk with 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup water
Flavor to suit (1 teaspoon mace and/or nutmeg)

Cream butter.  Beat eggs in a separate bowl.  Add sugar to butter.  Add eggs
gently.  Add remaining ingredients.  Fill dunut maker 3/4 full of batter.
 Close for 3 - 31/2 minutes.  (Mine baked in about 2 minutes and made about
18 mini-donuts.)  Chris says this came from "Going Against the Grain" by
Phyllis Potts.

BANANA CHIP DONUTS
1/2 cup GF flour mix  (Bette Hagman's mix works well)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons GF baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup mashed banana
2-1/2 tablespoons milk
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Handful of GF chocolate chips
2 tablespoons GF powdered sugar

Preheat Donut Maker for 5 minutes while making batter.
Combine dry ingredients, except powdered sugar,  in medium mixing bowl.  Make
a well in the center;  add bananas, milk, egg and oil.  Stir just until dry
ingredients are moistened and batter is smooth.  Batter is thick.
Fill each donut hole with a heaping teaspoon batter.
Place 2 chocolate chips in each hole.
Close unit and lock in place.
Bake approximately 3  minutes or until brown.
Remove donuts and repeat with remaining batter (watch carefully as second
batches cook more quickly than the first).
When slightly cool, put all donuts in powdered sugar in a paper or plastic
bag. Shake till well coated.
Refrigerate any leftovers (Ha!) and microwave 20 seconds to reheat.
Makes approximately 18 mini-donuts.

Thanks to Jackie for the last recipe.
Jeanne
Many of the recipes that come with the MAXIM'S Donut Maker Machine can easily
be converted to GF by substituting GF flour mix and adding 1 teaspoon xanthan
gum.