From:
Nohl Lyons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 16:57:38 -0700

HI ALL:

I imagine this question has been covered --yet I haven't found many
resources readily available.  Does anyone know details of casein vs lactose
reaction?
Though I've been celiac all my life, I became aware via a migraine that I
had become sensitive to milk about 5 yrs ago... I tend to deduce that the
protein is a more probable cause of the migraine than the lactose.  In
avoidance of casein, does it rule out all cheeses/yogurts etc?  Also, does
casein have a similar destructive effect as gluten in such gut
reactions/different types of rxns?  Finally, are there any tests ie. blood
tests, that can help identify the reaction type, ie casein vs lactose?

Thanks for any info!
Pam Hill
Tucson, Arizona