From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 22:58:27 -0500

>I am alarmed because the hospital in which she is being treated seems to
>know very little about celiac and she is getting lots of things she can't
>eat.  Tonight she wanted to know if she could eat Kellogg's Rice
>Krispies, Corn Flakes, or Crispix.  I've always avoided those products
>and buy from a natural foods store.  So, I couldn't answer her question.
>These are the choices the dietician is offering her for breakfast
>tomorrow!  Can anyone give me some good advice fast?

Carol's concern about her mother is painful to read about.  Perhaps one of
the first issues the new Celiac Coalition should tackle is the business of
hospital dietitians who know nothing about feeding celiacs.  Being in the
hospital is stressful at best.  If near starvation, or food worse than the
airlines attempt at gluten free diet, is doled out by hospitals, how are we
to get well?  How do we get going on this as a group?

Gayle Kennedy