From:
Gary Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 22:40:54 -0400

>I own a very small publishing house and would be very interested in doing
>this. Here is my idea:
>I could collect recipes, along with the author of the recipe and what
>bread machine the recipe works well with.

HI Sarah !

I think this is a great idea.  I've looked through some of the commercially
available GF cook books and found very few recipes  I could use or would
want to use...especially of the quick meal variety.  For the record, I
can't eat milk products, legumes, cruciferous vegetables, peanut butter and
anything with MSG (HVP, natural flavorings, Vegetable protein, hydrolized
anything, caseine).

So...as I understand, many other folks with Celiac have difficulties with
many food products.  It would be great to have a cookbook to refer to that
included recipes with either alternative ingredients or that were designed
to taste good as is.  Many recipes seem to be intended to imitate GF
containing foods.  They end up overly complex and poor imitations of the
real thing.

I'm recently diagnosed as having Celiac Sprue and so am still extra careful
of what I eat.  Having access to recipes that people have tried and had
success with would be a boon.

I'm sure there will be a slew of replies to you.  I definitely support your
idea.

Gary Roberts