Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 22:43:11 -0800
From:
Ellen Eagan <[log in to unmask]>

Donna,
        My daughter, 5 years old and so far showing no sign of having
celiac sprue, had a horrible cough for months. It wasn't until I noticed
that the cough had really decreased, if not stopped, when we were in the
mountains and that it came back when we back home, that I began to
suspect that her cough was allergy or asthma.
        She was finally tested last month. She is allergic to dust mites.
While there is no way that I would even begin to say that your son has
the same problem, I think it might be helpful for you to be aware that a
chronic cough can sometimes be the only sign of allergies or asthma. It
doesn't seem likely that cough is associated with celiac. I'd have him
checked out for something else.
        Best of luck,
        Ellen
        SF, CA