From:
MS BRENDA C DAVIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 13:32:24 EDT

I have just purchased a Zo machine and have made four loaves of Mike
Jones basic bread so far.  I have eaten some of every  loaf and it
was very good  (As it had been so long since I had even had any bread,
 I believe wonderful is really a better term).  However, I do not
have the kneading times and rising times correct as it falls some
every time I have made any.  I also had the problem of it not mixing
well the first time, but from that point on, I just took a wooden
spoon at the beginning of the first kneading and helped it along.  I
have had no trouble with the mixing since then.  I add the liquids
first then the dry and then the yeast.

My question is this:  I am confused about the timing sequences of the
machine.  I set my machine as follows:  Kneading, 30 minutes, Rising,
50 minutes, kneading 3 minutes, rising 50 minutes, baking 55 minutes
and cooling 30 minutes.  I believe I have the rising and kneading
times wrong, and maybe even be confused about whether or not it needs
a second rising.  If anyone out there has any help, please let me
know.

New to the list, but loving every minute of it.

Brenda C. Davis