From:
"J. Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 14:04:46 -0500

I want to clarify my views on how often a celiac can eat gluten and get
away with it.
The best way is to always avoid it.
If a patient tells me they have eaten gltuten once a month and had one or
two days of symptoms then that is probably all they will get.
The problem is we're all human and most tend to under-report the
transgressions.
Certainly the intake of gluten every week with the production of symptoms
will have a high liklihood of prodcing chronic damage.
I dont know how much gluten is enough to produce damage or increase the
risk of cancer.
But it seems to be sensible to avoid it as far as possible
Not medical advice

Joe Murray