From:
"Celeste M. Sutter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 13:06:00 EST

My sister has been diagnosed with IBS-- having problems for the last ten
years or so.  Since that time, my daughter was diagnosed with CS.  My
sister is now going to get tested for celiac, as this was not done prior to
the IBS diagnosis.  Her symptoms seem to point to CS, except for one in
particular, which I haven't seen discussed as of yet.  She reacts quite
severely to smells.  She walks in stores of any type, libraries, etc. and
immediately has to find a bathroom.  With some stores the symptoms are more
severe, but always with cramping and diarrhea.  The reaction is
immediate--she can't seem to determine what the connection is between the
stores or why the reaction is immediate.  Does this sound familiar to any
one?  I would appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks.

Celeste M. Sutter
Hanover College
P.O. Box 108
Hanover, IN  47243