Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 1995 09:46:07 -0500

Happy Birthday & much thanks to the list owners who have put in so much
time and patience.  I would truely be "up the creek"  if it wasn't for
this list.  I have learned so much since I joined last April.
Considering that there are no support groups in my area, I don't know
where I would be right now without this list - probably eatting rice and
bananas!

Anyway,  I wanted to contribute a really good Thanksgiving recipe.  I
think that Thanksgiving can be one of the better Celiac food holidays -
especially if we volunteer to cook! :)

The only ingredient that I am not sure about in the recipe below is the
mini-marshmellos.  I think they are OK but I'm not positive - so if
someone who knows would like to comment - that would be appreciated.  The
marshmellos can easily be excluded from the recipe if need be.

WILLIAMSBURG SWEETS

3 lbs sweet potatoes; 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 3 Tablespoons butter or
margerine; 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg; 1/4 teaspoon salt;
1 cup milk (or milk substitute if necessary); 1 - 8 oz. can of chopped
pinapple in natural juice.  Mini-marshmellows.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees & grease 1 1/2 quart casserol dish (can spray
with Pam)

Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until done.  Peel & mash (I use an
electric mixer).  Stir in all ingredients.  Pour pinapple juice
accordingly (you don't want it too mushy).

Cover with foil or lid and bake for 25 minutes.  Uncover - put on
marshmellows and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes (uncovered) - Until
marshmellows are lightly brown.

Enjoy!

Debbie Resch
West Creek, New Jersey