From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 14:16:28 -0500

Kirsten et al,

I had to go to a meeting the other night and left Daddy (Walter) to do
dinner.  He went to McDonalds and got Grace a happy meal, but put it inside
one of the rolls that we ordered mail order from Gillian's French Bread
which was mentioned on the list earlier.  This worked great!  So we'll go
armed to the restaurants with rolls in hand from now on.  They keep well in
the freezer.

Incidentally,  my biggest problem with getting my Alzheimer's dad gf was the
lack of delicious bread available to the geriatric, non-cooking community.
He had made quite a scene at the alzheimer's day care by pitching the EnerG
yeast free bread ( the only one the local health food store had) across the
room in disgust. (Sorry, EnerG!  I like your tapioca bread and your pasta!)
When I ordered Gillian's bread, all of the sudden his bread looked better
than everyone elses, and he became a happy camper.

I do feel it very important to help our young children ( and elderly, too!)
live as "normally" as possible.  These rolls have been an easy way to make
that easier!

(Getting used to toting things to Sunday School, birthday parties,
restaurants, etc.)

Susan Owens

PS.  I would be interested if anyone else is trying to pull off this diet
with someone whose food is prepared institutionally!  It has required a lot
of work, believe me!