From:
Kirsten Klinghammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 01:59:30 -0500

: Does anyone know a substitution for dry milk in baking that is non-milk,
: non-soy and non-almond?

    My favorite by far and out it Vegelicious.  This non-dairy
powder is made by Abersold Foods, 2730 Morley Way, Sacramento,
California 95864.  Their phone number is (916) 972-9142.  I
have found it available in good health food stores.  It is
quite expensive when bought in small packets, but a 5 lb.
package (which they say yields 6.4 gallons when mixed with
water, although you can adjust the proportions) costs "only"
$30.

    The taste is wonderful, and makes particularly good hot
chocolate when mixed with a good cocoa.  It also mixes well
with the taste of dairy, for those who can have dairy too.
I like to use it as the liquid in Bette Hagman's Rice Ricotta
Pancakes.

    Vegelicious' ingredients are malto-dextrin (from potatoes),
cereal solids (from potatoes), high oleic sunflower oil, isolated
soy protein, fructose, dehydrated honey, dicalcium phosphate,
calcium carbonate, tricalcium phosphate, natural flavors, sea salt,
certified food coloring (a natural inert mineral), isolated pea
protein, carrageenan, citric acid, and dipotassium phosphate.
It is also fortified with vitamin c, vitamin e, vitamin a,
niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin d3, vitamin b6, vitamin b12,
folic acid, and biotin.

    I hope than anyone else who tries it will enjoy it too.

                  --  Kirsten Klinghammer

P.S.  Oops!  Darn.  I just proof-read the above and noticed
that it does have soy in it, although it's a little ways
down the list.  Perhaps someone else who doesn't need to
avoid soy entirely will be interested, so I'll post this
anyway.  Best wishes :-)