From:
Harriet Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 08:34:18 -700

Hi All,

Two years ago when we took our autistic son to Children's Hospital here
in Boston, the first thing the head of the pediatric gastroenterology
department did was look at Andrew's fingernails.  The doctor commented,
"Your son shows the telltale sign gluten intolerance: bulbous,
irregularly shaped fingernails."

At the time, this seemed to me like an old wives tale.  Subsequently,
I've been told by our holistic doctor that fingernails are commonly
thought to show signs of nutritional problems.

Harriet Barnett