From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 07:03:12 -0500

On the autism list people were asking about which milk substitutes were
gluten-free. Knowing that this list had discussed this in the past, I
searched through the logs and assembled this list.

Gluten-Free List:

EdenBlend (not EdenRice)
Ener-G Nut Quik powder
Ener-G Soy Quik powder
Farm Rich
Solait, powder from Devansoy Farms
Vance's DariFree (new name for Vegilicious, also in liquid)
Vanilla AlmondMylk (not Original)
Vegelicious, powder from Abersold Foods

To back up what is listed above, I snipped up various parts of past
articles. To see this 12K document send GET CELIAC MILKALT to
[log in to unmask] It includes opinions people have on the tastes
of the various products.

You may also note an inclusion above that has not been previously discussed
here. This is a summary of my conversation yesterday with Abersold Foods,
the makers of Vegilicious: There are several changes taking place: (1) the
name is changing to Vance's DariFree, (2) a liquid version is also coming
out, (3) a chocolate version is also coming out, and (4) it is becoming
fat-free (the sunflower oil is being removed). These changes have already
taken place in Arizona and Southern California. They will be in place in the
rest of the country by the end of the year.

Does anybody know of others that were missed? I see Mary Courtney included
Westsoy Lite in her camping trip packing list. I gather there are other soy
formulas.

Don <[log in to unmask]>
New York City