From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 06:50:18 -0600

This may be a little off topic but since I had thyroid testing done in the
spring about 1 year after going GF I would like to comment.  The thryoid
testing was done since I had a 30 lb. weight gain in the first 4 mths of
going GF (I wasn't underweight when I started GF diet),I then started
dieting and could only drop 10 lbs without literally eating nothing, I had
lethargic afternoons, I was chilled inside me, my mother and 1 sister are
"borderline", her other sister and mother take thryroid medication.  Now to
the point, my aunt that does take medication for thryoid had had the test
done for about 5 years and nothing, then she quit smoking and within 6 mths
the test was redone and it came back that she had a thryoid
problem...coincidental I don't know.  I quit smoking yesterday...pray for
me.  I am using the patch this time as I have tried before and become quite
a "B" (if you know what I mean), quite irritable.  Last night at about 7:30
I was reading to the kids and felt like I was going to fall asleep, other
times I have quit before I have found that I also lose energy early in the
evening.  Now what this will do to my celiac condition, who knows since I am
already following the diet.

Any suggestions? I take a stresstab each morning and a tanacet (for migraines).

Thanx in advance, you can e-mail me directly since this is not really a
listserv topic.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada