From:
Alanna Spehr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 18:46:12 -0500

There used to be a bread recipe on the older-style box of Energ-G food's
"Rice -n- Rye Mix" that used brown sugar or molassess and other things
and ended up tasting _wonderful_. If anybody has a copy of this, I would
love it (it used to be on the white with some green box). I don't know if
it used Xantham gum.

Make simple breads. Muffins.
The Ener-G mixes have lots of recipes on them.
For example:
"Rice Mix Muffins" (from the back of a Rice Mix box; shortened somewhat)

2 cups Ener-G Rice Mix {= 2 c. flour + 2 teaspoons baking powder}
2 tabelspoons sugar/honey/etc.
1 Cup milk/water/etc.
2 tablespoons oil
1 beaten egg

Mix them.
Stir just enough to blend ingredients.
If baking them in a muffin pan, grease the bottom.
Bake at 425 for ~20 min.
Most muffin recipes are similar. Somewhere around here I have an even
simpler recipe. I'll look for it.

Rice & corn flour can be purchased in large quanties cheaply. Check
health food stores and stores in "ethnic" neighborhoods (I buy most of
my flours in Chinatown and Little India -- I live in Chicago.)

I like to add amaranth flour for protein.

Check mix packages for pancake recipes. They cook a little different
(than wheat pancakes), but are good and quick to mix up.

If you need premade stuff, look for corn tortillas. Read the label. Find
some that are pure corn. Cheap source of carbohydrates!

Enjoy,

Als