From:
Lynn Pekmezian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 06:03:38 -0700

Since we've been discussing Mexican Food (salsa, etc).  I recently
discovered that Old El Paso's enchilada sauce has wheat flour in it.
Does this mean that *most* enchilada sauces ARE  made with wheat
flour, kinda like gravy?  I've been ordering enchiladas from mexican
food restaurants ever since diagnosed (5 years), assuming them to be
GF.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  I'm not as sensitive to
gluten as most of you, in fact I haven't had ONE case of diarhea since
diagnosed and gluten free(knock on wood).

Also, I noticed someone mentioned canned peas as not being gluten free -
what in the world is wrong with canned peas???

By the way, I posed the ice cream question (what contains gluten in ice
cream) about a month ago and the response I got was that some may contain
modified food starch.  I still have yet to find an ice cream that has
even the slightest questionable ingredient (definitely no modified food
starch).  Has anyone run across any ice cream brands that are NOT GF?
I eat ice cream A LOT!

                        -Lynn Pekmezian
                        Gluten Free in Marietta, GA