From:
"Pierce, Sydney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 08:50:13 -0500

        I've had a problem with blurry vision too, and like others recently
commenting on this, assumed it was a CD-related vitamin deficiency of
some sort.  I made a visit to an optometrist last night, and received one
of life's little reminders that not everything is caused by CD.  I have a
cataract.  I've never heard of any association of cataracts with CD, so
I'm assuming it's unrelated.  (Though I'm young for cataracts, and this
is a cataract in the anterior part of the eye where my optometrist says
one doesn't normally develop them except when caused by a blow to the
eye, sharp blow to the side of the head, or prolonged use of certain
medications.  None of these causes would seem to apply here.)  I'd like
to say that next time I encounter a problem like this that I'm going to
remember to have a doctor check for other causes.  But it's a lesson I've
failed to learn before.

Sydney Pierce
Hillsborough, NC