Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 06:59:21 -0500

I havent posted for a while but have mean to share this experience with all
of you. I was recently in the hospital for a week and not only did they cater
to my every GF need, I was the only person in the history of Intensive Care
to have Fritos sent up to the room! The dietician, who I knew from the
dialysis unit, actually went to the local health food store 10 miles away and
bought all gluten free food for me. She even purchased fresh meat and chicken
so it would not be contaminated from the the hopital food. I received 3
 wonderful meals and 2 snacks each day. Much better than the usual hopital
fare...and believe me I know...I have eaten LOTS of it.

I had absolutely NO reactions the whole week I was there. Its nice to know
that some of the dietary community really does care.

For the record, this took place at Backus Hospital in Norwich, CT.