From:
Gary Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 23:11:27 -0500

>With already having to give up 50% of the foods in the supermarket, I hate to
>give up everthing that says natural flavor. That would probably be another
>40%.

Yup, its the sausage.  I buy a sausage from a local health food store that
is made in-house. No cereal, no whey, no nothing except chicken and spices.
Natural Flavor is usually a pseudonym for MSG or hyrdrolozed vegetable
protein (the same thing as MSG).  The vegetable source can be kombu/seaweed
or who knows what.  When I try to track down HVP, I get a glorious
run-around from manufacturers.  Having migraines, I avoid this stuff
studiously.

As for supermarket foods, if you can't check out all the ingredients,
you're stepping into a mine field.  I have over ten years experience now
eliminating foods from my diet! First MSG, then milk, now gluten.  Hey, you
get used to after a few years!!  Keep with the diet.  When you feel like
cheating, remember, you're only fooling yourself.

Gary Roberts