From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 09:27:54 -0500

Annmaureen:

Yes, your son's story is very interesting to me.  What a difficult time that
must have been for you!  I take it, that the lack of melanin kept him very
pale until he was three?

And, actually, this could be a potential connection for me, anyway.  My
daughter has always looked like a china doll. (Someone actually jumped back
a few feet when they saw her move one day when I was wheeling her in her
stroller around a craft mall.)  She has very pale skin, and dark brown hair
in ringlets.  She looks like she was born in the wrong century.  Was the
melanin's appearing just something that was concluded from the darkening of
his skin, or were there tests to determine that?

Another question:  Grace's eye color has been changing in the last two years
from a slate blue/ country blue color to more of a green color.  Did your
son's eye color change during the first few years of his life?

Thank you so much for sharing!

Susan Owens