Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 23:21:09 -0700

 Does anyone on the group find that they have had problems with particular
pills not being absorbed while an undiagnosed celiac.  I knew I had some kind
of undiagnosed dietary malabsorptive disorder for several years and found two
things:  1) most urinary tract antibiotics did not work for me (oral) 2)
regular dose birth control pills resulted in breakthrough bleeding and
sometimes full blown midmonth periods even though taken faithfully on time.  I
resorted to shots eventually with respect to the latter (no problems) and
originally found much better results from antibiotics given intramuscularly
when I got bladder infections (oddly enough, usually after an episode of
eating bread).  I can't find a DR who can tell me for sure about whether CD
affects these and other medications.  I'm wondering if anyone else has any
info on this or any experiences.  Probably different meds absorb in different
parts of the gut but I am just wondering about these 2 in particular.
Apologies for broadcasting what might be embarrassing info for some, but I am
really interested in this topic.  :)

 Lisa