From:
Kemp Randolph <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 10:16:24 -0400

On Oct 02, 1995 17:50:32, 'MRS JOANNE R EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>'
wrote:

>After speaking w/Quaker today regarding their rice cakes I would like
>to pass along this information.  I have routinely contacted this
>company every three months to again verify which rice cakes are GF
>and which are NOT GF.  After feeling ill

Quaker no longer provides a list of gluten free foods. You get the same
can't be sure of our suppliers response from their subsidiaries -14 of them
-Pritikin for one.

Some history, as reported on the GIG newsletter,  some years ago -black
particles turned up in Puffed Rice and celiacs were complaining. FDA
investigated and found unopened boxes  with them in stores. It was wheat
puffed at the wrong temperature for "Puffed Wheat".

So is their own production line redefined in corporate reorganization as a
supplier?

 I once proposed here a ranking of companies ranging
from Hall of Fame to Hall of Shame, based on their gluten
policy.

Need I say more.

So for me, it's on to  find a substitute for their plain rice cakes and
Corn grits. Anyone know of  corn grits from a more responsible company up
North here?

                      Kemp Randolph
                      Long Island