From:
"Debra Hindes (617) 270-1690" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 19:57:21 -0400

Lisa--Don't know if my experience is relevant to your situation or not,
but...  6 yrs ago I was diagnosed w/ CD after upper GI and sm intestine
biopsy.  Symptom had been uncontrollable diahhrea.  But, for the past 5-7
yrs before that, I'd had recurrent severe heartburn--so bad that it hurt
to swallow _anything_ , even water.  I lost lots of weight.  Seemed to
get worse with stress, but was pretty painful a lot of the time.  Since
1989, on GF diet, I've never experienced it again.
Best of luck to you in tracking down your problem.
Debra Hindes, Burlington, Massachusetts