From:
Timothy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 02:25:46 GMT

> Does anyone know if Isomil powder formula for infants is gluten free? ...
>
> This question needs answering for a Celiac family in our support group who
> now have a newborn, and want to keep the baby gf for the first year... just
> in case.

In the UK it is recommended that all babies are on a gluten free diet for the
first few months (I can't remember how many). This is to avoid a transient
form of Coeliac disease. Consequently most of the solid baby foods on sale for
young babies are GF. There are also GF rusks readily available (and since
they are on general sale they are cheaper than adult GF biscuits)

Does the US have a similar policy?

   Tim