From:
Gary Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 12:14:20 -0400

>>I have certainly noticed that increased stress causes my digestive system
>to act up.

I concur with you on the relationship between stress and GI triggers.  This
is not to say that this is the case for everyone.  If you are one of those
folks, as I am, who exhibits IBS symptoms when exposed to gluten or to
severe stress, then you adjust your life to suit.

As to high stess jobs and celiac, after 18 months of illness and recovery,
I am all for a lower stress job.  Why you ask?  High stress jobs demand
that you never have personal needs.  Hit the mens room to often and your
supervisor will question your dedication.  Yawn during an extended meeting,
as your sugar levels drop, and you will be looked askance at.  And what do
you do during those "power meals", take out your rice bread and turkey
bologna sandwich, rice yogurt, organic fruit and spring water?

After 20 years slugging it out as a rehabilitation counselor, I decided it
was time to 'counsel' myself.  If I make less money, but have less stress,
I'm sure I'll enjoy life more.  I began to realize that the more money I
made, the higher the stress level of the job, the more I spent money on
'pleasuring' myself.  I've been out of work for the past 18 months and have
learned how to enjoy myself on less income.  Sort of like wmy wife and I
did when we were first married!!  We had just forgotten how, over the
years.

Gary Roberts