Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 19:16:11 -0400

I have two questions - the first really has nothing to do with Celiac
Disease.  I have a friend that I teach with that has been diagnosed with
Interstitial Cystitis.  She is looking for someone in the medical
profession ANYWHERE that it treating this disease as an autoimmune
disease.  If anyone on the list could locate some information on this, I
would appreciate it greatly as I do not have a web browser. Maybe there
is a list similar to this that she could become involved with to get more
information.

My second question involves nutritionalists.  I recently called and
attempted to make an appointment with one in my area.  She did not seem
to know too much about Celiac Disease but wants me to come in with a
journal about what I eat for a week with the vitamins I take so she can
advise me of my nutritional needs.  She's a Phd - not an md. which
doesn't bother me, but I don't want to waste time and money on someone who
really can't be of any help.  She feels that I should be on the same diet
that she uses for cancer patients to boost their immune systems while
they are undergoing chemo.  That didn't sound totally illogical (maybe a
little depressing); but I would like some input from list members who have
seem nutritionalists before I get involved with this.

Thank you,

Debbie Resch
West Creek, New Jersey