From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 04:29:01 -0400

There was an organizational meeting last night in Ithaca, NY,
forming a gluten intolerance group.  Any interested people who live in the
area are invited to join us.  Contact [log in to unmask]  We hope to meet
once a month to share ideas,food, support, find ways to educate local
chefs, locate knowledgeable doctors, etc.  Anyone with ideas about
establishing new groups could send us suggestions.  Is there an advantage
to belonging to one of the national oorganizations? [ I already send
membership $$ to CSUSA in Omaha - but will not be at the San Francisco
conference.  Too far. Too much else to do.] There were four of us at the
first meeting and not one has been biopsied, for various reasons.  I wonder
what the score is on that with the whole list of 450 plus?

I also wonder how many celiacs are red haired.  Two of the four at our
meeting, and one man who had a redish beard.  Ah, those celts!  Perhaps we
had one common ancesor ho had a ain in the gut all the time!

We had a delicious pot-luck, gluten free dinner.  That is reason enough to
gather.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a gluten free summer camp?  Just day
dreaming.

It's 3AM and I ramble.  Stay well.

Gayle