From:
Stuart Altschuler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:02:36 EST

     Greetings...

     With all of the fascinating mailing lists in cyberspace, this is
     certainly one which I had never hoped to join.  Yet, on Wednesday,
     October 18, 1995, my 2 year, 10 month old son, David was diagnosed by
     our pediatrician as autistic.

     My name is Stuart Altschuler and I have a wife of seven years, and two
     sons:  David (mentioned above) and a one year-old named Daniel.  I
     live in Hillsborough, NJ (between Princeton and Flemington) and I am a
     Marketing Analyst by trade.

     My wife has very severe allergies to wheat and dairy and has been
     helped significantly through books such as The Yeast Connection and
     The Yeast Connection Cookbook (by William Crook), The Allergy
     Self-Help Cookbook (M. Hurt Jones), and Food Allergy and Nutrition
     Revolution (J. Brally).  We also have Doris Rapp's book, "Is This Your
     Child?"  Nutritional supplements such as Pancreatic Enzymes have also
     aided in digestion.  Since David has also shown sensitivity to these
     foods (more severe autistic symptoms, less responsiveness to our
     commands, diarrhea, excessive perspiration, redness under the eyes,
     nasal congestion), we have set up an appointment with a Pediatrician
     with a specialty in Environmental Medicine (Dr. Morton Teich, NYC).
     Any experience with these folks?  Any other suggestions?

     I look forward to listening in on your conversations, asking
     questions, and, eventually, providing some input of our own.   I
     assure you that we'll be keeping all of you in our prayers.

     God bless you in a wonderful way,

     Stuart Altschuler