From:
"Dropik, Chris (MN27)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:39:23 -0500

I am curious about the "medical maintenance" a person with celiac should
have.

Someone wrote recently ...."at a recent GI checkup, the results of the
standard celiac blood tests (antirectculin, antiendomysial, etc.) came back
negative."

Should people with celiac be checking back with their GI on a regular basis
for this bloodtest?

I often get stomach upset (usually the glute toots, my sister and I call
them!) -  I think that it is due to xanthum gum or guar gum, but am still
trying to isolate ingredients to determine the cause.... but I would like to
be able to check back with my doctor to get a read on how my body is
**really** doing on the gluten free diet...

My regular doctor when I was in for a physical said that the bloodtest
wouldn't tell me anything and that if I wanted to pursue stomach stuff to
contact my GI....

????

I wouldn't mind hearing what others do on a routine basis...

Thank you.