From:
MRS JOANNE R EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 17:14:41 EDT

Just a word of warning re: CSA GF Shopping Guide.  I greatly value
how educational and informative the CSA organization is.  I thank
them for everything they have done to help educate celiacs and others.

The word of caution I wish to express concerns their shopping guide.
This guide has SEVERAL errors listed.  They have several products
listed that are GF which are not GF and have never been.  For example,
 they listed a cereal called Alpha-Bits which contains oat.  I have
been told that they asked celiacs to send in the names of products
they have researched that are GF.  The CSA did no further verifying
with the actual manufacturers of the products listed in the guide to
be 100% sure everything was GF.

So again, just a word of caution. I chose to not use the guide afte I
found out that no follow-up to manufacturers was made.  Don't get me
wrong, I am not trying to defame CSA, just wish to let you know to be
VERY CAREFUL if using their guide!

If anyone is looking for a VERY reliable GF shopping guide. they
should subscribe to the Michigan support group.  Jim Lyles is one of
the individuals who heads this up.  They will be updating their new
shopping guide and it will be available in October.  The cost will be
$10.  I can't thank them enough for such a HUGE GF shopping guide! A
job well done!!!

Diana