From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 1995 11:28:54 -0400

I am in correspondence with a fellow in Denmark. He is looking for
information on possible alternative cures for Dupuytren's contracture. He

From: Bjorn Falck Madsen <[log in to unmask]>

>I am interested in Dupuytren's contracture for two reasons:
>
>1. I am a health writer and would like to write an article about the
>disorder
>
>2. One of my very close friends, a 60-year old man, is suffering from the
>problem (both hands) and has undergone surgery with questionable effect.
>He still can't bend his fingers and he has massive pain.
>
>I am a firm believer in trying alternatives to surgery, if there are any,
>and I have seen quite interesting results with e.g. selenium/rheumatism,
>CoQ10/cardiomyopathy, vitamin E/intermittent claudication etc. Since the
>results of the surgery haven't been good in this man's case, I thought it
>was worth looking into alternatives.

I did a search through the logs and had no hits. In my Merck Manual it
mentions a similarity to Scleroderma, which has been mentioned in connection
with celiac disease.

Has anybody seen any connection between Dupuytren's and gluten?

Don Wiss.