From:
James Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 23:02:00 EST

Claire Barclay wrote:

CB> I am a recently diagnosed (2 years) Gluten Intolerant and wish
CB> to purchase an inexpensive bread machine...

I'd suggest getting the BREADM file.  This contains mostly bread
machine recipes, but the first part talks about bread machines and
gives a comprehensive list of tips on how to use them.  You'll find
that bread machines start around $125 and go up from there.  We have
one of the cheaper ones, a Welbilt 150, which we've been very happy
with.

To get this file, send a message to [log in to unmask]  The
message should contain this line:

   GET CELIAC BREADM

CB> Also, can anyone tell me if the CARMEL COLORING in DR. PEPPER is
CB> gluten free.

A letter from Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Corporation, dated June 23, 1995,
states the following:

  "...the caramel color which we use in our products is derived from
  dextrose, which is gliadin (gluten) free....we do not add malt or
  malt flavoring to any of our products."

The letter is signed by Lisa Castner, Coordinator-Consumer Communi-
cations.  In a P.S., it states:

  "...to the best of my knowledge Dr Pepper, 7UP, Cherry 7UP, and
  IBC root beer are gliadin-free."

Contact information:
   Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Corporation
   Consumer Affairs