From:
Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 1995 07:38:12 EDT

Barbara Crooker asked:
>Where do you buy (anyone have an address or phone #?) Van's GF waffles
>and pancakes?  I've not come across that brand anywhere.  Thanks.

[log in to unmask] replied:
> Van's frozen products are sold at all the major health food stores in L.A.
>(I don't know where you live).  Their phone number is 310/320-8611
>(Torrance,California).

I also live in LA, but on a recent trip to Detroit was able to find them in
several health food stores, so they may have national distribution.

The GF waffles taste wonderful, and come in two flavors: regular and
apple/cinnamon.  Caution: the company makes at least four other
varieties (including regular apple/cinnamon) which are not GF and
the packages are very similar, although the GF versions are
clearly labelled.  Elaine Monarch of the Celiac Disease Foundation has
spoken at length with the owners about cross-contamination and feels
very comfortable that they are taking the necessary steps in be sure that
the  GF products are OK.

Bill Elkus