From:
Taylor Cushmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 17:05:30 -0400

Can anyone assist me with past experiences or current advice? I am about to
undergo dental surgery and the surgeon is not familiar with celiac disease.
 He has asked me to tell him what medications we can use for pain and
post-surgery infection fighting.
I think Tylenol is supposed to be gluten free, but what about Tylenol with
codeine?  Also I'm concerned about Valium.  And for post op. he wants to give
penicillin, since he is concerned about reduced immune system complications.
 He doesn't know if we can take PenVK 500mg and I can't get a clear answer
about the "carrier" in these pills.He seems to feel that an injection is more
likely to cause "allergic" reactions that a pill or tablet.  Anyone have any
experience or thoughts?  I need a fairly quick answer (3 0r 4 days).  Or
perhaps someone can tell me how to check this out.  Many thanks :0