From:
Jeanne Prine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:55:35 EST5EDT

Hi, everybody.  Unlurking for a quick reply.  I was also concerned
about lotions, makeup, etc. containing gluten (also phenol and
salicylates in my case), especially since I wear lipstick sometimes
and probably ingest it, since it gradually disappears during the day.
I called Clinique, and their representative said ALL their products
are GF.  Since they make soap, shampoo, and skin lotions as well as
cosmetics, their disclaimer covers a lot of territory, but (as with
food from the "health food" store), all these things are more
expensive than their drug store counterparts.  I'm planning to
contact Aveda also and will report what they say.  And--nope--I don't
have any connection to either company except as an occasional
consumer who is now on a very strict gluten and casein-free diet.
Jeanne Prine