From:
jerry wald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 20:31:49 -0400

An interesting concept, but you would still need the co-operation of the
manufacturer to properly encode the package. We would be much better off
to have our governments pass legislation FORCING food manufacturers to
state simply "Contains gluten" or "contains no gluten". A posting of a
year or so ago indicated that a law was passed in the Israeli Knesset to
do exactly that.  Why can't we get the same thing elsewhere?

My two cents worth......

Jerry in Mississauga, ON, Canada