From:
Christy Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 13:31:19 -0400

> Second hand info from my dietician is that Coke may contain barley
>malt to produce a smoother taste.

I have talked to reps from Coke on several occassions and been assured that
Coke does NOT contain any gluten.  It is difficult enough for those with CD
without restricting foods unecessarily.  I would not rely on "second hand
info" that Coke "may" contain gluten.  I'd suggest calling them first and
asking.  Certainly if Coke does contain barley malt, those with CD need to
know, but this should get confirmed or checked first rather than causing
confusion.