From:
Roy Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 17:31:54 +1000

>Is there an analytical lab around that can determine the ingredients
>of a food product economically?  I would even be willing to send this
>abroad...Maybe there are labs in other countries that can do this sort of
>analysis much cheaper than what the cost in the U.S. would be?

Dr John Skerritt is Principal research scientist at the CSIRO Division of
Plant Industry in North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia. He and his team
have developed cheap immunodiagnostic assays to detect gluten in food
samples and have developed some home test kits (I don't know whether they
are commercially available yet). He has been very obliging to local
coeliac groups and it might be worth contacting his lab and requesting
these analyses to be done on your samples.
Cheers
Roy
Dr Roy Hall
Microbiology, UQ