From:
"Michael . Waldron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 13:28:50 EDT

I have two questions that I would appreciate help with.

1) I am interested in using balsamic vinegar, but am concerned about ingredients
and the manufacturing process.  I have had problems with regular distilled
vinegar and avoid it.  Is balsamic vinegar gluten free?  Does anyone have
experience with certain brands?   What makes it different from wine or other
vinegar?

2) How can GF flour for breads (most importantly) and cookies be held together
without using vegetable gums?  I am apparently allergic to all vegetable gums,
including guar and xanthan gum.  I am also allergic to soy-based products.  I
have been told that psyllium hulls are not GF.  I have thought about using the
Japanese "glutenized" rice called Mochi, which has no gluten.  Has anyone tried
this?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Lewis Altfest.