Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 23:25:52 -0400

   I'm the celiac in the family I'm 42 and have been diagnosed for 3
years,doing very well thanks to this list.
      It's my son and wife that have bad sinus problems and
 other allergies.
    I'm sure my son is celiac but we have not been able to prove it yet. We
took him off of gluten when we were finding out what was wrong with me, and
after that the blood test and biopsy were negative.His appetite improved 150%
and his teacher that year wanted to know what kind of medicine he was on ,she
said he's a completely different boy. After he had been off of wheat for
several months the doctor at vanderbilt give him a four or five week
challenge. I do not think this doctor was familiar with celiac sprue. It was
the usual answer yes I'm familiar with it you can have either diarrhoea or
constipation. he is underweight  He weighs about 100lbs and his sister who is
2 years younger weighs 115.
       Now my wife,
       Her grandmother died with  stomach cancer after having diarrhoea all
of her life. She was a small woman and she did have emotional problems also
bad marriage could contribute to  her emotional problems.
        Her father has diarrhoea very often and some sinus problems. A few
years ago he had precancerous ploups(sp) removed and has had serious blood
pressure problems and is taking blood pressure medicine now.
       My wife has bad sinuses(sp) frequent headache but not as much as a few
years ago. Her periods were irregular but are Ok now after having two
children.

         If you have experience with these kinds of problems please write or
if you are a professional and would like to comment please write to us. We
need your help.