From:
James Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 17:35:00 EST

Matt K. wrote:

> Anybody know a good off-the-shelf GF dressing?

We regularly use Hidden Valley Ranch brand bottled dressings.  All
are GF except those containing soy sauce, according to the
manufacturer (as of September '94).  There are other lesser known
brands that are GF; e-mail me privately for a list of these.

-----------------

Donna Hale wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if Hormel Wranglers are gluten free?  We are
> having a weinie roast and I am trying to find a hot dog that is
> truly gluten free.

Hormel Wranglers are not listed in our shopping guide.  They might
or might not be gluten-free; we don't know because when we wrote to
them they didn't tell us.  To get information from Hormel, you have
to call them and ask about the specific ingredient for which you
want information.

There are several other choices listed in our shopping guide.  These
are all GF according to the manufacturers, as of the date listed:

 2-94  Big & Juicy Hot Dogs: beef original, deli style beef, quarter
          pound beef, hot 'n spicy, original
 9-94  Eckrich: regular franks, polska kielbasa, regular Smok-Y links
 2-94  Healthy Favorites: hot dogs
 9-94  Hillshire Farm: all hot dogs
 2-94  Oscar Mayer: beef franks (bun-length, light, & regular),
          Our Original cheese hot dogs, wieners (bun-length, light,
          little, & regular)
 9-94  Purnell's Old Folks: franks, garlic franks
 9-94  Russer: Lil'Salt deli franks (bulk & self-serve)