Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 1995 10:34:33 GMT
From:
William Elkus <[log in to unmask]>

Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Help!  How do I read or reach CELIAC LOG9411 ?
>I'm new at email.
>I'm delighted with this Celiac forum.

I am one of the listowners, and its great to hear that you like our
forum.  Administrative requests such as your are best directed to one of
the listowners (our addresses are on the welcome message you received) in
a private email, instead of to all 360+ people on the forum.  However,
since this is a very common request, I will answer to the whole list for
the benefit of any recent subscribers.

Many people keep a copy of the entire log on their hard drive (it's well
under 2 megs) and then search it using their favorite word processor
program whenever a new question comes up.  That way, if a topic has
already been covered, you can get immediate information and save those
who pay for their email access from extra charges.  Clearly, this
approach will have its limits over the years as the archive grows in
size.

There is one log per month.  Send an email to [log in to unmask]
with the body of the email being
GET CELIAC LOGXXYY
where XX is the year you want, and YY is the month (e.g. LOG9503 is the
current log).

LOG9411 is the first log, since the Celiac discussion group started in
early November 1994.  You can put in multiple requests in the same email
as long as each is on its own line.

Bill Elkus