Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 10:56:49 -0800
From:
"Karen M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>

> I have never found a "supermarket" brand of gefilte fish that doesn't
> contain matzo meal, but there is a STRICTLY ORTHODOX kosher market in
> our area that
[snip...]
> Sue Goldstein

Hmmph.  Either Sue isn't looking hard enough, or the stores in her area
are the pits ;-) I say this because I buy GF gefilte fish for the *year*
at Passover time, and the *supermarket* *jarred* gefilte fish I buy is
distributed by a company in Brooklyn, NY.  Westchester County is a whole
lot closer to Brooklyn than Los Angeles is ;-) !!!

Meal Mart makes *one* variety of Gefilte Fish for Passover "without
gebrokts" - translated, this means that they use potato starch as a
thickener rather than matzo meal, so it's safe for us.  Since I get the
stuff at a local supermarket chain (not a kosher market, BTW), I would
guess that it can be ordered.  Maybe someone in NYC can find contact
information for Meal Mart, Inc.  Brooklyn, 11205.

I know this stuff has been around for awhile, since I've been wheat-free
for 10 years, and eating this for at least 4 or 5.

Karen Davis

[log in to unmask]   (if urgent, use [log in to unmask] - the better half)
Karen Davis of Davis and Associates (818)892-8555
           "Pain is Mother Nature's way of telling us to slow down;
                       Death is her way of INSISTING!"