From:
"Robert F. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 11:49:56 -0700

I am aware that there is some similarity between the gluten and lactose
molecules but would appreciate more information about this topic and
possible effects on the body. I have spent the past six weeks on a gluten
free diet but found it did not change my digestive problems. Upon the
recommendation of my GI Doc I than reduced daily products significantly
and began using lactase. I now feel much better. I have tried lactase
before but did not notice much change. Is it possible that becoming
gluten free together with lactase brings changes that neither produces alone?
Any physiological reasons for this?

Robert Peterson
Reno, NV