From:
Nancy Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 12:33:50 +1000

Hi, Pat. Welcome to the list. You will soon find yourself inundated with
information, and, if you check the list archives, you'll find lots about
related auto-immune disorders for which we celiacs are also at high risk. MS
may be among them.

On a happier note, I was pleased to see someone on the list mention
interests in camping and, especially, sailing.  As a middle-aged single
woman with CD, I get frustrated at how difficult it is to do the hiking and
charter sailing I enjoy. (Fortunately, CD is irrelevant when one is spending
an afternoon in a Laser on a local lake.) I'd love to get together with fellow
celiacs and their families to do things such as a bare-boat or skippered
sailboat charter in the Caribbean or hiking expeditions in the West.  Do
 you think we could start a movement? The annual GF cruise organized by
CSA chapters is a great thing for some people, but that kind of staid,
large-group travel is a bit geriatric for my taste.

I'm a faculty member at the University of Iowa, able to travel widely so
long as events fit the academic vacation periods. I'm posting this from my
temporary location in Sydney, Australia, where I am on leave. After May 10,
I'll be back at Iowa at <[log in to unmask]>.

Nancy Jackson